An online meme platform
As part of the Online Multimedia course at LMU Munich, two teammates and I designed and developed a full online meme platform over the course of one semester, using a NestJS backend for all social features, meme rendering and authentication, and an Angular frontend including a custom-built meme editor.
Memester included a wide array of features, some of which are listed here:
- Custom WYSIWYG meme editor including templates from ImgFlip, custom templates, webcam photos and more.
- Text editing and repositioning using drag and drop
- Full REST API to interact with the backend
- Posting memes to a meme feed with social features (likes, comments, sharing...)
- Open memes from the feed to remix them (remixed memes remember their history)
- The backend generates a video slideshow from the most popular memes daily.
The project received a perfect grade at the end of the course.
You can check out the source code on GitHub